- What: Father’s Day 5K
- Where: Apex Center of Arvada, Colorado
- When: Sunday, June 16th at 8:00 a.m.
- How Much: $30 preregistration; $35 day of the event
Do some good with your dad at the 6th annual Apex Park and Recreation District’s Father’s Day 5K! There is also a free 1 mile “Fun Run” scheduled for the whole family and an Ugly Tie Contest! In addition to supporting general community recreation in the area, Apex Park and Recreation District Foundation has designated the funds for after-school recreation programs at Arvada middle schools.
- What: Rockies Game
- Where: Coors Field
- When: Sunday, June 16th at 2:10 p.m.
- How Much: Call 303-ROCKIES for tickets
Gather some peanuts and cracker jacks for dad at the Rockies vs. Phillies game! Competition should be heavy since this is the third game of a three-game series. So sit back, order a couple cold brews and enjoy the game under a beautiful Colorado sun!
- What: Parker Days Festival
- Where: O’Brien Park
- When: June 13th-16th, 2013
- How Much: $25 presale, $30 at the event
Hit the carnival for some family-friendly fun! O’Brein Park features many family activities with free entertainment as well as smaller child friendly bounce houses and a Petting Zoo. Enjoy carnival rides, attractions, music from live bands, arts and crafts exhibitors, a Car Show on Father’s Day, and two stages with beer gardens. On Saturday, the Parker Days Parade travels down Main Street complete with floats, marching bands, horses and vintage cars.
- What: Thunder on the Mountain Drag Racing Series
- Where: Bandimere Speedway
- When: June 14th-16th, 2013 (9:00 a.m.)
- How Much: $25 for spectators
Give dad an adrenaline rush and pump the gas at Bandimere Speedway on Father’s Day! The Thunder on the Mountain Drag Racing Series, sponsored by Grease Monkey, features Top Fuel Harley Motorcycles, 250 mph Alcohol Dragsters and Funny Cars!
- What: Tribute to Neil Bridge
- Where: City Park
- When: Sunday June 16th, 2013 6:00 p.m.
- How Much: Free
If dad prefers to get groovy, try taking him for some blues in the park! Pack some food and drinks and enjoy the free concert in honor of Neil Bridge! This show would be great for a calm cool-down from a long day of activities!